Here's what to do:
1. Get some bananas. We used several "extra ripe" ones that I found marked down at the produce market, but any ripe bananas will work.
2. Peel the bananas, cut them into approx. 1/2" slices, and put them on a tray.
3. Pop the tray in the freezer for a few hours until the bananas are frozen. (Once they're frozen, you can also put them in a bag to use later).
|I realize these two photos look the same, but take my word, these are the frozen ones.|
4. Put your bananas in a food processor or blender. (NOTE: I used a blender because that's what I have, but I think a food processor would have worked much better. I had to keep pushing the frozen bananas down in the blender so the blades could reach them and it took a little longer for them to reach the right consistency)
5. Start mixing. First the bananas will just get chopped up.
6. But as you keep mixing and scraping down the sides, it'll get creamier and creamier.
|I swear I didn't add anything else ~ this is just bananas!|
7. You can eat it right now, just out of the blender/food processor, and it'll be like a soft serve custard.